Close

Question Generating Lattice Supports

I would like to generate lattice supports for my .stl model. I don't know how to do this or what program to use. I already tried generating them in Slic3r but was unable to export the .stl model with the generated supports attached. I own a Dremel 3D20 printer and mostly use Autodesk's Print Studio, Meshmixer, or Dremel's program called Dremel 3D. To my knowledge, none of these programs are able to generate lattice supports. Any tips on how I would be able to generate these supports? Can Dremel printers even print such supports? Thanks for your help in advance.

Staff Engineer
    Meshmixer, free, multi-platform will generate tree-like supports on STL files imported to the program. Once created, you can export the entire model or only the supports.

The model below is designed to be printed flat-side down, but I rotated it to use as an example here. In the Analysis, Overhangs selection, there are many parameters to change. The default settings turned the model into an unworkable mass/mess, but once some of the dimensions were reduced, it became less massy/messy.
    Attached Images Attached Images