Close

Thread: TFT35 V3 Wifi

TFT35 V3 Wifi

Hello all, I just purchased the SKR MINI E3 V1.2 with the TFT35 v3 LCD. The TFT display has a WIFI chip, or at least it looks like it does. It is maeked WIFI on the upper left corner. Is this for an expansion or is this actually capable of wifi?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hello. That is one incredible screen you got there. It has it's own 32 bit controller on board and it has dual modes and also inputs for you to connect a filament runout sensor without having to make changes to the firmware. On the backside of the screen is the female wifi connector. You will need to buy a wifi module from BIQU or w/e and it will plug right into the screen.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I'm thinking you should be looking for Ajax tech support. Or at least a security system forum.

Anyways seeing this again I have to add this correction to my previous post..

While the tft v3.0 screens do have a bunch of inputs the problem is the serial connection from the screen back to the board is not exactly a solid connection. For example, if your printer is connected to a pc via usb cable then your screen is likely not communicating in tft mode. And so wifi, ups 12v or 24v, filament runout sensors, and everything else should go on the mainboard directly and setup in the primary firmware. For the best results.