Close

No layer adhesion on ender 3 pro

I have an ender 3 pro since last week amd for the first part it has been working great. I printed the bullseye duct upgrade and installed it and since then i cant get my prints to stick to the bed. I switched it back to the stock vent setup still didnt get any adhesion. I then read some advice on how to clean the print bed with acetone which ruined it (im stupid ik) i ripped off the magnet part from the printbed and put a buildtak foil onto it. I have now also installed marlin 2.0 with mesh bed leveling and that didnt help either. I also tried printing with an initial layer height of 0.02mm up to 0.15mm. i dont know what to do anymore.
    Last edited by DeathsmileZ; 08-31-2020 at 10:59 AM.

wet a soft cloth with soap and water (dish soap works well), and clean your print surface. then clean it again with isopropyl alcohol. then manually level the bed, then level it again and again until you have just the right squish. things will stick, you can do it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi you don't say what material you are using the makers name as well as the polymer type So say Amazon Basic ABS of filaprint pet-g.

Bed adhesion varies enormously from make to make of filament even in the same main material type. I work mostly with ABS and nylon and some makes of filament work every time on the right build surface and some are almost impossible to get to stick.

The other issue with bed adhesion is the height of the nozzle over the bed when in the auto home position. Thin paper such as the sort you get in little squares to take notes is usually about 0.08mm (0.002 inches in old money !!) and on an Ender 3pro I like to set the height to this as the maximum distance at the point the nozzle starts to print. 1 use pieces of 0.003 and 0.002 inch shim steel (pinched from the workshop) to set the height rather than paper that gets creased.