Close

Pls help, Problems with Ender 3

Hi Id like to first apologize because i´m new both to this forum and to 3d printing as a whole , also my native language isnt EnglishIm writting this post becuase ive been having problems lately with my prints basically its like the PLA doesnt sit or adhere to the bed, for example if the print is a circle it will start doing the shape of the object and in the middle of the shape it will break, ive tried several times changing the settings both at Cura and in the printer itself without any success Please friends I ask you for help because i am a little bit lost i what may be happening in this message ill be posting a video of the very same thing i describe happening thanks and sorry for bothering with amateur problems

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi Looking at your video it seems as if you have the distance between the Nozzle and the bed far too large.

In the auto home position there should be about 0.075mm between the nozzle and the bed -about the thickness of a THIN piece of paper.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I agree you appear to be about 5mm above the hot-bed surface, this distance should only be one layer height above the print Bed.
    Example : layer set to 0.28mm the the height of the nozzle should be ~0.28mm height.

Found a good demo video of how the 1st layers should look

Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 09-08-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    To make things clear the ender 3 standard software Cura set the height of the nozzle for the initial layers as 0.3mm to which must be added the height that nozzle was set above the bed I recommend 0.05 to 0.75mm (0.002 to 0.003 inches) so the actual distance is just under 0.4 for the first layer, the firmware will compensate by over extruding to get the slightly squished down appearance shown in Roberts wideo.

Thank you all for the help and sorry if it was a very amateur mistake im still learning the basics

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    we all start at the begining :-)
    And 3d printing isn't as straightforward as the youtube videos make out.

So don't afraid to ask questions - even if you thoink it's something you think is daft :-)

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by LACCART View Post
    Thank you all for the help and sorry if it was a very amateur mistake I'm still learning the basics
    We must all be amateur then, this mistake is made all the time an even by our so called professional 3D Printer operators.
    As we get into a hurry and make a simple mistake when rebuilding or re-calibrating our bed leveling or nozzle height.

Even after calibrating for what should be the perfect height I still at time need to use baby steps when starting the 1st layer of a new model.
    And over a few prints contentiously making small adjustments until it again is perfect, this is until calibration is knocked out again then it starts all over again.

My bed surface is glued to the heated bed though I quite often use a transfer Paper Tape on the aluminum bed surface of my older 3D Printer.
    This transfer paper tape I use for a surface sometimes needs to be taped on the edges to keep it down.
    I note this as see your surface is getting in the way of your nozzle and printing the 1st surface at the correct height...
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 09-10-2020 at 06:46 AM.