Close

Student

PETG small hole adhesion

I do a lot of flat parts with small holes using PETG on painters tape. The first layer at the small holes often creates a mess due to poor adhesion. It starts to improve after laying the straight lines between holes. Is there a way to get the printer to do the straight lines first and then the circle for the holes after? I think it would stick better that way.

Add PlastiTech on Thingiverse
    I think you either need to bring the nozzle closer to the bed, raise the bed temperature or lower the first layer speed.

photos may help. what orientation are you printing? holes will come out better laying on the bed than they will vertical for example.

your Z offset (Distance from bed) is too high. Also try some Polymide tape you can get good stuff here https://www.makergear.com/collection...ucts/polyimide assuming you are in the US. It is also known as kapton tape. I was printing some 1.5mm thick parts with PETG yesterday and my Z-offset was high by about .05 mm and the first layer label detail was balling up like your hole does. Once set correctly, works like a charm. Model an open square with a wall thickness 2x your extrusion width so it is 2 walls thick and a height that your layer height divides evenly into. 3mm tall works for even layer heights. Size only needs to be maybe 25mm x 25mm. Print the square and measure the width of the walls, if your extrusion multiplier is set correctly the thickness should be about .02mm thicker than the model. The height should be exactly the same as the model or as much as .03 smaller. If it is taller then move z offset closer to bed if it is short move it higher.. This can be done in the slicer or the firmware. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by airscapes; 08-29-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Student
    Thanks guys - all it took was lowering the Z offset - it's always something simple!