Close

Is there a printer I can use natural wax?

Hi everybody. Is there a printer I can use natural wax?

Engineer-in-Training
    Add jamcultur on Thingiverse
    Do you want to do lost wax casting? There are materials you can print that burn out just like wax. Google "castable resin". PLA also burns out well. I've had success using it for lost wax casting.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add jamcultur on Thingiverse
    Here are a couple of photos of things I made using lost wax casting from 3D printed models. I made the sterling silver ring using castable resin and the bronze belt buckle using PLA. (Click on thumbnail to enlarge.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE = jamcultur; 141790] Kay?p balmumu dökümü yapmak istiyor musunuz? T?pk? balmumu gibi yanan basabilece?iniz malzemeler var. Google "dökülebilir reçine". PLA da iyi yan?yor. Kay?p balmumu dökümü için kullanmakta ba?ar?l? oldum. [/ QUOTE]

Thanks. But, i want to make eatable models.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    for edible models you'd probably be better off using chocolate.
    https://chocol3d.com/

I don't know of any 'edible' wax.

There are waxes used in finishing products - but while they are non-toxic (carnuba wax for one) They are not strictly speaking edible.

Beeswax for examle is tchnically 'edible - but would you want to ?

But extruders with heated chambers for low temperature solids are fairy common, relatively cheap and look pretty easy to use.

You could probably just modify a chocolate extruder to heat to a slightly higher tempearture.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    for edible models you'd probably be better off using chocolate. https://chocol3d.com/I don't know of any 'edible' wax.There are waxes used in finishing products - but while they are non-toxic (carnuba wax for one) They are not strictly speaking edible.Beeswax for examle is tchnically 'edible - but would you want to ? But extruders with heated chambers for low temperature solids are fairy common, relatively cheap and look pretty easy to use. You could probably just modify a chocolate extruder to heat to a slightly higher tempearture.
    I'll try. Thanks.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    actually the chocl3d even states that it's suitable for wax as well as chocolate.
    well lets face it american chocolate tastes like wax ;-)

Wink

[QUOTE = merakl? aardvark; 141986] asl?nda chocl3d bile çikolatan?n yan? s?ra balmumu için de uygun oldu?unu belirtiyor.
    bakal?m balmumu gibi amerikan çikolatas? tad?; -) [/ QUOTE]

: p