Close

[SOLVED!][CR-10 V1 + BLTouch] Print bed not moving during print?

EDIT: SOLVED!
    Quote Originally Posted by McStebb View Post
    I fixed it! I rolled it back to Marlin 1.1.6 and that did the trick. I used the 'official' Marlin+BLTouch build from the Creality website.

Hello,

I need some help, and this message board looked like a good place to turn to.

To make a long story short, I recently upgraded my workplace's stock Creality CR-10 V1 with a BLTouch V3.1 ABL.
    I flashed Marlin 1.1.9, downloaded from the official Creality website.

I'm now having this problem whenever I try to print a gcode file...
    1. The printer homes normally without issues, even doing the BLTouch 'safe home' at the center of the bed.
    2. The printer performs the 9-point ABL procedure without issues.
    3. The printer returns to Y0 X0 and preheats the nozzle.
    4. When the nozzle is finished heating, and printing is supposed to start, the printer begins extruding filament in one spot without moving any axis.

Here's a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/GNv9I4lEuuc

Here's what I've tried already, with no success:

• Tried power cycling the printer and trying the file again.
    • Tried slicing a different GCode file, with a different model, and even slightly different print settings.
    • Changed the start Gcode
    • Tried printing without doing the ABL routine.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by McStebb; 08-27-2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Solved

Try compiling your own firmware and see if it makes a difference. If vanilla Marlin is too hard, Cheetah makes it easy...

https://kay3d.com/pages/editing-and-...r-8-bit-boards

Quote Originally Posted by xayoz View Post
    Try compiling your own firmware and see if it makes a difference. If vanilla Marlin is too hard, Cheetah makes it easy...

<link>
    Marlin isn't too bad. Do you recommend any changes to the default configuration.h? I'm going to plug in a probe offset, but are there any other specific settings that you think may be leading to this issue?

I fixed it! I rolled it back to Marlin 1.1.6 and that did the trick. I used the 'official' Marlin+BLTouch build from the Creality website.