Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training

Question Looking for large 3D printer

I'm looking for a large 3D printer that have build volume of at least 300X300X300.

1. Box-like frame
    2. All metal direct-feed extruder
    3. Enclosed
    4. Can print ABS

I was looking at Creality Ender 5 Plus but it doesn't have all metal direct-feed extruder and isn't enclosed.

Any suggestions? I'm in USA and I prefer to buy 3D printer from Amazon. No more than $1000.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm looking at SainSmart Coreception CoreXY 3D Printer

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks like a decent machine
    In fact looks a like my corexy - but larger and with direct drive extruder and a really stable looking z axis.
    Pretty easy to enclose as well.
    Go for it :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    It took me about 2-1/2 hours to build the 3D printer and about half-hour to level the platform. I tried to print a sample file from Simplify3D but the printer crashes into the corner while homing and I have under-extrusion problem. The extruder has stepper motor turning a large gear that pushes filament out the nozzle. I don't know the gear ratio. How can I fix the problem?

Engineer-in-Training
    I think that the X-limit switch is missing.

Engineer-in-Training
    Please help me find wiring diagram for the printer. I need to find the wires going from X limit switch on the board to where the wires are supposed to go to. I think that the wires go through the cable to VGA plug. If you remove the cover from the X-Axis carriage, you'll see a terminal block, and you'll see the wires going to the hothead, stepper motor, fans, and temperature sensors.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah I had something similiar - try switching the x and y axis stepper motors plugs over.
    I swear I got it right initilaly - but nothing homed until I swapped them over.
    Sometimes the instructions tell lies ;-)

And don't forget to switch the endstop cables as well (I did - forgot, that is ;-)

If it's anything like mine it should home to the back left corner.

So one endswitch is on the extruder carriage and the other one is on the outside of the linear rail - took me a while to find that one :-)
    Both shoukld have been pre-fitted.

what profile are you using for simplify3d ?

For the endstops you are homing to the Min '-' sockets.
    they are on the right
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-30-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I found the problem and fixed it. On the X-Axis gantry, there is a screw that is under the linear rail. I think that they put the screw in the wrong hole so that the switch doesn't hit the screw and the machine makes grinding noise. The screw should be in the hole closer to the edge of the gantry. After putting the screw in the correct hole, I can level the build platform.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    If you want to actually print ABS parts that large, make sure you have a heated chamber, the warmer the better - as close to 100C as you can get.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm waiting for the enclosure from Amazon. I still can't find correct Simplify3D profile for the printer. I found out that a few companies sell the printer under their brand name. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_b_prod_image

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast