Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    I got the PEI sheet and after some tests, setting the bed temperature at 80 and extruder temperature at 240 works but the top and bottom of a test box isn't good. I'll try setting solid top and bottom layers at 4.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    80 is too hot for pla - the bottom layers will deform as they'll be too soft to support the weight of the rest of the model - also won't harden properly.
    And yeah 240 is realistically too hot for pla.

It's usually better to slow the first layer down and add a little bit of 'smush' -z-axis to the print instead.
    You also want to make sure that the print area cooling fans the off for the first layer and sometimes the first two layers.

After 6 years of constant experimentation - I have found 65c is the perfect temp for pla - on almost any build surface.

Engineer-in-Training
    While I was printing some model car parts, the printer turned off by itself. I tried to turn it on several times but nothing happened. I checked the fuse using a test light and it was good. I took the bottom cover off and found out that one of the green terminals on the relay board (?) was burned out. I tested with a voltmeter and found out that the relay board (?) was not getting power. I temporarily disconnected the wires from the green terminals and connected them using butt connectors. I turned the printer on and I thought that it worked but when I started printing a job, the printer went crazy. How can I get the new part? I think that this forum won't accept images anymore.
    Last edited by jeffmorris; 09-21-2020 at 05:47 PM.

images shouldn't be a problem.
    try and keep the sizr dow - but if you've posted them before - no reason you shouldn't still be able to post them.

To start with contact tronxy and ask for a new board.
    hopefully they'll send you one.

And you're probably better off leaving the baseplate off and just making sure none of the cables are dragging on the ground.
    It'll keep everything a lot cooler - as you've got it in a box (assuming you still have it in a box) that might be an issue.

I would NOT tell tronxy that you've enclosed it.
    If it doesn't come with an enclosure then I suspect that would probably invalidate the warranty.

My pei sheet sticks pla at anything from 50-65.
    And that's running the first layer at 40mm/s with some really intricate parts.

Engineer-in-Training
    The printer works without the relay board. I contacted support at Sainsmart about the relay board. I'm looking for plastic sheets that fit in the V-Slots.
    20200921_171435.jpg

oh yeah sainsmart - my bad.
    It's not a tronxy it's a sapphire plus :-)

I'd been looking at tronxys and had them on the brain :-)

weird - what's that board supposed to do ?

Engineer-in-Training
    Check #17 on the trouble-shooting section at https://docs.sainsmart.com/article/i...ouble-shooting

Engineer-in-Training
    A few days ago, I e-mailed SainSmart about the bad relay board. They e-mailed me asking for my address so that they can send me new relay board. Bad news: The new board is different from the old one and will require re-wiring.

wiring_diagram.jpg

so it's a power loss thingy.

Actually that troubleshooting guide is brilliant !
    Particularly as it applies to my machine as well (well it's the same board anyway).
    Cheers for that :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-24-2020 at 06:59 AM.

It took me around 2 hours to assemble the 3D printer and about a half-hour to level the stage. I attempted to print an example record from Simplify3D however the printer collides with the corner while homing and I have under-expulsion issue. The extruder has a stepper engine turning a huge apparatus that pushes fibre out the spout. I don't have the foggiest idea about the apparatus proportion. How might I fix the issue? megasync for pc
    Last edited by hiran123; 09-24-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast