Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Two Trees Sapphire pro 2 - exploring this corexy printer

Thing is, when wiring up a 3d printer board.
    In this case the robin nano on my 'new' sapphire pro. (Second hand but has never actually printed anything).

I tend to think (erroneously as it turns out) that the positive and negative terminals along the power strip for mains in, extruder and hotbed out - are going to be the same for all of them.

And it turns out that on a robin nano 1.2 board - this is not the case.
    The outputs are in fact reversed compared to the input.
    So I wired the bloody hotbed up the wrong way round.

Soooooooooo, I'm wondering if I've killed something on the robin board or something on the hotbed itself !

Everything else works fine. printhead moves arounf and hotend and extruder works fine. Eventualy - after changing x&y motors round and then remembering to change endstops as well - all three axis home perfectly.
    Which given it's a corexy and the belt setup is totally bizarre - I am amazed that it works at all.

But the bloody printbed will not heat up !

So, do i need a new heating pad or a new board ?

I might see if there's still current coming from the power connector tonight with the multimeter.

Not sure what's cheaper, a robin nano 1.2 or a 220mm heatpad. I do know that the board is probably a lot easier and quicker to change over :-)

But I suspect it's the heat pad that's buggered.

Anyone ever done similiar ?

ps. I have re-wired correctly and still no hot printbed. BUt everything else works fine.

well the hotend needs stripping down and probably having ptfe strategigically inserted, but you expect that.
    But apart from the hotbed - it's all good.

Thing is I don't know if th horbed worked when i got the machine as the original owner said he could never get it to actually print. It would just sit there - almost as though it was waitign for the bed to heat up (my thoughts not his).

I'm hoping it's dodgy wiring on the hotbed and my mate can bring his soldering iron and have a play.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-11-2020 at 01:31 PM.