Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You shouldn't be using one of those spring loaded feeders anyway! I think the Thingiverse people grabbed somebody's design and patented it. You probably owe them money for the license infringement.
    not sure what this means... its the feed mechanism that came with the dreamers dual extruders.

I'm just causing trouble. Its a smart a$$ comment about what that corporate chain is doing with intellectual property. Of course there are two sides to the story... But this side makes the most sense to me:

http://traverseda.wordpress.com/2014...munity-design/

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I'm just causing trouble. Its a smart a$$ comment about what that corporate chain is doing with intellectual property. Of course there are two sides to the story... But this side makes the most sense to me:

http://traverseda.wordpress.com/2014...munity-design/
    Lol I know, and had I had an extra ale or two in me, I probably would have joined in succession

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    this direct drive bowden extruder.
    Given that the ff isn't a bowden setup - why would I want it ?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    this direct drive bowden extruder.
    Given that the ff isn't a bowden setup - why would I want it ?
    It's just an overly used term for an extruder that is a direct input, sorry I should have said "chinese clone plastic injection molded direct drive extruder"

there is many 'Bowden' setups that will work with the flashforge, ill find one on thingiverse, essentially you just want a block that holds the bearing and has a hole, it's about as basic as they get I reckon. It's just good for flex thats all.
    Last edited by Geoff; 08-15-2014 at 09:51 PM.

whatever works :-)

Hinged one piece boxes with ninja flex at the hinge would be great, and useful :-)

Hi,

Did you ever finish the older version of the extruder?

Lenore

My flexible (premium sebs filament from ebay.com.au) arrived today and no luck printing it on my falshforge dual. however after many googling if came to this post and found out the spring load feeder is the problem. i tried to hold down the spring tab with my hand when feeding it fed nicely! i end up putting a piece of plastic into the gap above the spring tab then all problem solved! thank heaps Geoff!

Hmm, wonder of that'd work for ninjaflex. I feel an experiment coming on :-)

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonleanne View Post
    My flexible (premium sebs filament from ebay.com.au) arrived today and no luck printing it on my falshforge dual. however after many googling if came to this post and found out the spring load feeder is the problem. i tried to hold down the spring tab with my hand when feeding it fed nicely! i end up putting a piece of plastic into the gap above the spring tab then all problem solved! thank heaps Geoff!
    What size was this piece of plastic?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast