Close

Creality Ender 3: ABS / PETG Balling up & Layer Separation

Hey Guys,

I have an Ender 3 with a completely stock setup.Recently, I had a jam in the print head and had to remove the nozzle. The "ceramic/epoxy"(?) and "teflon"(?)strip around the nozzle broke away and no longer there.

PETG:

I'm using the exact same settings for the hardware, and file except temperature is 235 Nozzle, 80 on the bed.I'm noticing the PETG is not adhering to the bed surface [factory Ender bed substrate].I've tried a glass bed cover as well without luck.

More issues is the printer is showing odd signs of operation. Sometimes the print will have sections that appear separated, or "balled up".

Almost every other print requires me to remove the nylon tube from the print head and "un-stick" the filament so it will feed properly. Otherwise, the feeder cog wheel will just spin and spool stops rotating.All of this happened with ABS, but now it's more prominent.

Probably not material related, but more the printer itself.

Any tips would be awesome!TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

PETG needs to be a bit warmer, try 240-245 nozzle and 80-90 bed. Also, check the nozzle and the bowden tube for partial clogs. You may also want to slow down a bit for PETG. And finally, relevel the bed, maybe even do some live leveling. PETG needs a little more squish than PLA, but there is a sweet spot where both work.

Thanks for the ideas.Leveled it a couple of times, but no luck. I'll try a tighter bed-to-nozzle clearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by xayoz View Post
    PETG needs to be a bit warmer, try 240-245 nozzle and 80-90 bed. Also, check the nozzle and the bowden tube for partial clogs. You may also want to slow down a bit for PETG. And finally, relevel the bed, maybe even do some live leveling. PETG needs a little more squish than PLA, but there is a sweet spot where both work.