Close

Printer starts stringing mid print

Hello everyone. I have recently run into an issue where I am printing a tube mount for my FlashForge Creator Max, but as I am half way done with the print, the PETG starts stringing immensely. Does anyone know what parameters I should change for me to have more success? Right now my extruder is at 230C (degrees celsius) and my bed is at 70C. I changed my retraction length to 1.5mm. My printing speed is 40mm/s with a travel speed of 90mm/s. Lastly my layer height is 0.26mm.

UPDATE: I have just done another print, the first 35-38% was great. It was very smooth, precise and overall looked very promising. At around 40%, things start to break down. It starts stringing a lot and stops putting down smooth layers which starts snowballing. I do not understand why after 40% of very good printing it starts this stringing. A similar thing happened with the prints above and I still don't understand what is causing this. Is my printer faulty? Is the temperature changing? Does anyone know what is going on here? I leveled the bed before use fine tuned many different settings and it is still happening.

This is the third time that this has occured.

I have attached a picture below of an example of this happening:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    was the part still attached to the print bed ? Or had it detached ?

Also you probably need to print a bit hotter. 240-250.

That's not stringing, looks a lot like the part's detached to me.
    If that's not the case, let us know :-)

Also try another sd card. And if you are printing via usb or wifi - try it from an sd card.

regardless of what the manufacturers say - printing direct from a card or usb stick is the most reliable.

The part did not detach whatsoever. It was firmly attached to the print bed. I have been printing from wifi, and will try from and SD card. Also, just curious, why is a SD card more reliable?