Close

ANYCUBIC Chiron at $320 vs FLSUN QQ-S-PRO at $300

I understand the benefits and drawbacks of delta printers as well as large print area machines.
    If I could get both I would to rip the speed benefits of the delta printer or the large print area of the Chiron.

I can only acquire one and would like to ask for opinions on which would be a better value for for the mentioned prices.
    Better yet, which one would you buy? Also, If you happen to experiences with either one, it would be good to know the quality of the printers.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    out of those two - no question, the anycubic.

several reasons.
    1) much much larger print volume. A 255mm circle is equivalent to about a 180mm square. Thew anycubic is 400x400x450 - almost 4x the build volume.
    2) If you move the extruder to the hotend and turn it into direct drive extruder (the very first thing I would do) - you'll have a full prusa design i3 - and that's FASTER than the delta :-)
    3) any cubic have a decent reputation, not amazing - but pretty good for a budget chinese firm.

By full prusa design I mean~: dual z screws - this even has dual z endstops - so no pissing about getting the x gantry level by hand)
    side bed supports - no linear bearings on the chiron, but the the bed supports are super wide, so almost no chance of bed tilt.
    And with the dual z-screws the x-axis gantry is solid so can easily support the extra weight of the extruder.

Don't be fooled by the speed most people use i3's at.
    this is mostly because they are creality design i3';s and you have to run them slow because they are so badly designed.

With a full prusa setup you can happily rattle prints off at 150mm/s with no issues.

So yep - much as I like deltas - in this case absolutely go for the chiron.

Don't go Anycubic

Check out trustpilot dot com first, and make the right decision (not anycubic)