Close

Hel Needed with Limit Switches Marlin 2.0

Hello, Im looking for some help configuring marlin for BTT SKR 1.3.
    My printer is mostly custom at this point but it used to be a Tronxy p802ma (new board, screen, frame, switches, extruder. the only components left are motors, screws, bed and Zsensor.
    The switches are where i am stuck. The switches i have are NO NC mechanical switches, the wires are only 2 wires connecting to G and S pins on the SKR 1.3.
    I have tried switching the wires from their original NO leg to the NC peg without change and im not sure what i am doing in marlin (currently set to pullup by default).

Can anyone let me know how this should be wired and what settings should be set on Marlin for these to work.

Thanks.

Hi Ace, I'm not sure about your particular printer.Normally on the switches there are three terminals NO (normally open), NC (normally closed) and Common. If you want the switch to be activated when something hits the lever you use NO and Common (this is the normal way).Some system use the Normally closed and common connections. The S pin on the board would be "Signal" and the G pin would be "Ground" so, Common on the switch to Ground on the board and NO on the switch to Signal on the board.I'm still using TH3D on my printer so can't help with Marlin i'm afraid. I'd assume there is a setting somewhere to enable limit switches and whether you want them NO or NC. The pullup setting would make me think that it wan't an NO style switch. Have another look at the settings it sounds as if the limit switches are not enabled.Hope this helps,Andy