Close

So just got the new tevo homer pro and yanno what...A idea.

Hi people, so last week i built up my new printer, the tevo homer pro for 150quid, on sale from banggood. Id say for the price, its 95% percent there. Tevo homer pic.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K4j...w?usp=drivesdk

My only caviets would be the x idler not having a recess for the nut & when attaching the 2020 to the x axis , the bolt goes through the 2020, then into the carriage, which is a flat surface. So a 3d printed elongates t nut shaped spacer . Would be my recommendation.

But apart from that. I have a 400mm Cr10. I prefer it over that. Cr10 problems, Big build area, long heating times. The bowden stock extruder on the tevo. Is better. Plus okay the tevo is in a kit. But the day it takes you to put together. You learn alot about 3d printers.

Anyways thats the end of that. It uses injection molded plastic parts. Machine is still very sturdy tho. I like the little thing so much that im going to put those injection moulded parts into my flatbed scanner and see if i can clone one.

Theres afew design challenges, like instead of all the drilling into the aluminium, i will use some drilling but also brackets. Obviously the metal frame holding the bed stumped me abit. But after bending a piece of metal bar into a candy cane shape. I think something like that will work. Long front panel will be halfed. Then a nice looking support the right front side.

Anyways i would love to hear if anyone has tried cloning a machine. And what they think of the idea. Also hotend. Do you think petg for the front cover, but with a arch shape cutout where the nozzel is. Would be resilient enough ????

Kind regards,
    Rik
    Last edited by Rikrik; 08-02-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Ment mm wrote CM