Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone here can give me some help to solve a problem with my printer.

I have had an Ender 3 for about a year now and have been fairly sucessful in printing on it. I had the usual problems of warped bed etc and have carried out all the usual mods such as belt tensioners, dual Z axis drive, updated bed springs, updated to Creality silent board, BLTouch, polycarbonate wheels on all rails, side mounted spool holder, dual drive metal extruder and an endoscope camera to view the printing. I also fitted a mirror tile to the bed.

Recently, within the last week, I started getting a problem. When I print something round the surface is very blobby all over. Not as bad if I print a cube. When watching the print via the endoscope I can see the molten filament is coming out the nozzle in spurts.

Initially I thought it was the roll of filament. I've always used "Eryone" filament from Amazon, but had to get a different brand recently as they were out. I swapped back to one I've used before but the problem remains.

Things I have done:

Replaced the nozzle.
Replaced the capricorn bowden tube.
Checked the level of the bed.
Set slicer (Cura) back to default 0.2mm profile.

My Cura is version 4.6.1 and I'm printing in PLA.

Settings are:

Standard 0.2mm profile.
Infill is 10%
Nozzle temp is 200 degrees.
Bed temp is 50 degrees.
Flow is 100%.
Print speed is 50 mm/s.
Initial speed is 20 mm/s.
Retraction distance is 5 mm.
Retraction speed is 45 mm/s.
Coming is set to "not in skin".
Cooling is 100% and set to start from 4th layer.
Max resolution is 0.05mm.
Max travel resolution is 0.05mm.
Max deviation is 0.025 mm.

Any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy