Close

Technician

x movement sticking - causing offset layers

My printer is sticking in the x direction. I have a Tronxy XY. The picture I attached shows 2 attempts. The one on the right was done first. I tightened the belts and tried again. The result is the print on the left. It got worse with the tighter belt.I don't see any defects on the belt or the rollers, but it definitely sticks when I slide it manually.What should I try first? Should I just try replacing the belt, or is it more likely that something else is damaged?ThanksDonna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    So, I loosened the x belt. I cleaned and oiled all the bearings and checked the pulley. I still didn't find anything that looked messed up, but I did get a couple of good prints after doing all that. I could still feel the tension in a couple of places when I manually move it in the x direction. It sticks and takes and extra push to get it past. The last thing I tried had the same offset layers, so I stopped. I ordered a new belt and new rollers.They are going to take forever to get here and I don't know if that will even help.I'm still open to any suggestions.ThanksDonna