Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for Zcorp 3D printer users, new owner here... looking for help.

Hello forum,

I just bought a used Zcorp 450 3D printer. It has been in storage for 6 months according to its owner. I have downloaded the manuals and software and intend to go through these carefully. I have searched this web sites forum but found very little on restarting a 450 or similar. I would like to hear from anyone who has done so, in
    the past or is currently going through this process. Also any suggestions for sources of print heads and consumables. I have found a firm in Canada that sells come consumables.

I will be sharing my adventure/misadventure on this thread.

Thanks,

Cismontguy

Hello Forum, I received my shipment of the ZCorp 450 3D printer on Wednesday. I have it set up in my shop but I am not able to get the printer to communicate with my work station. The ZPrint software is installed and running. I am using Windows 7 professional. The work station is connected to a switch which is connected to my DSL/router. The printer is connected to the same switch by cat5 that I know works cause I borrowed it from another piece of networked equipment.

I hooked a monitor and keyboard, mouse up to the back of the Zcorp printer so I could try and trouble shoot this situation. I am getting a error message # 1802:0 “Warning Kernel.346541: eth-Rtl: Initialization failed network failure, ask for help via LCD”

All the INI settings seem correct to me and what the instructions say.

Cismontguy

Update on the Zcorp 450 printer I bought in August. I still do not have it up and running but I have made some headway.
    Right now it will boot up most of the time but never gets through all the self diagnostic tests. It will go online and my computer
    can "see" it with an IP address. Right now I am getting a Pogo board error message about 50% of the times I reboot. Very frustrating.
    I have bought/installed a brand new HP11 print cartridge and now am waiting on the HP 57 color cartridge. Seems like there is very
    little if almost any help out there. Seems crazy in light of what these printers can do. Will see what happens next? Cismontguy.

Zprinter 450 kernel error

I have the same Kernel error now and doesn't boot up, may I ask you how did you go around that?

Thanks

Zcorp printer error

Hello Moadella,I am sorry I do not understand your question. I am not real knowledgeable regarding these printers. I have just been working my way through the issues I faced. I have since closed the books on that printer. No longer working on it. There is some kind of serious issue with the CPU board on a lot of these ZCorp printers I have found after talking to like 5-6 owners. Zcorp seemed to have known about this before... but did nothing to correct it. My CPU board cooked itself when the $7.00 cheap POS cooling fan failed on the chip set! I bought another mother board on line and got it to boot up but now there is some kind of timing error between the CPU board I bought and the rest of the printer. That is why it some times goes through some of the pre diagnostic tests and some times does. not.Do you have your printer hooked up to a monitor and keyboard so you can see who far the boot up gets before it failed? I use to video tape it with my phone.Cismontguy

Hi thank you for your reply.. I meant I had the same original error of “Warning Kernel.346541: eth-Rtl: Initialization failed network failure, ask for help via LCD”.
    I had mine connected to a screen and keyboard too and it stops at this error and doesn't boot up.

When I first had it like a year ago it just had some printhead errors and which I solved by replacing the Hp11 printhead and skipped the alignment check by printing in monochrome. it worked fine for a while and we left it on as recommended but for long time, about 6 months without use. Now when I tried to reconnect it to the computer through a hub it give me the above kernel error while booting up. and on the LCD screen it says network initialization error. I also started hearing humming noise from the CPU.

So that's where I'm stuck right now. I hope it's not a complete motherboard change like you said.

Thanks
    Mo Abdalla

“Warning Kernel.346541:

Mo Abdalla,I am not sure I know what to suggest? I solved my communications issues by getting to the set up and changing the network connection option in the set up using the keyboard and monitor. If you take the CPU box out, you should be able to tell whether the CPU chip set fan is running or not? If you can put your hand on the CPU board you can tell that it is getting hot! I used an IR touchless thermometer.Cismontguy

Gotcha, Thank you I will try that!.Mo Abdalla

Abdalla, If you do not have any success, post again and I will try and see if I can help? Cismontguy

Solved the boot up but not the connection

Hey,

Now I could boot it up while the Ethernet cable not plugged in like the same issue here https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/t/z450-n...problems/11262

I tried the fix there by editing the ports to Auto in the BIOS like they said but still didn't solve the problem. I don't have the same amount of ports tho when I access the BIOS, I only see two serial ports and one parallel port to change unlike them in the link above.

Plus when I try to connect the printer to the switch after it booted, the LED lights next to the port don't light up. I don't know if any of that has a meaning. I'm not savvy in electronics.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks
    Mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast