Close

Question Print object separately from certain layer

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way to tell the extruder to print object A from layer n, and then print object B from layer n? (objects are illustrated as follow) The distance between A and B is enough to accommodate the size of extruder, and the height of A will not interfere with X axis.

two tower illustration (1).jpg

Normally I wouldn't want to do this, but I'm printing this with TPU which generate a lot of strings that I'm not good at post processing. I understand this is perfectly normal for TPU printing, just would like to reach out to larger audience for tips.

P.S.: Originally I had hope on "non planar slicing", the degree from tip of A to layer n seems to be too steep for that.
    Last edited by ehow; 07-12-2020 at 10:24 PM. Reason: picture not loading

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    If you're familiar with gcode, you can slice the yellow and two blue stls separately, then combine the codes to print the yellow, then apply Z offset, then print one blue, then the other; however, this won't work if the blue parts are too close - the nozzle will crash into the first when printing the second.

Thanks @Davo! I'll look into the gcode solution. (-;