Close

Student

Enable "Save to EEPROM" without original firmware? i3 Clone (Max Micron)

Hi folks,I have a new-to-me Max Micron i3 clone, using what one of the members here told me is a Hictop controller (the only label is "Base V1.3"). I replaced my threaded rods on the Z axis with lead screws, and need to change my Steps per mm for Z. I've done it with the LCD display/control, AND through Printrun/Pronterface, and as long as I'm plugged in, the setting stays. As soon as I power cycle the printer, it reverts to the old steps per mm. My LCD screen does NOT have a "Save memory" or similar prompt. In Pronterface, I used M92 to set the steps, M503 to confirm that it is set properly, and then M500 to store. So far, nothing helps.

I don't have - nor can I find anywhere online - the firmware for this board in any form that I can open in Arduino IDE and adjust the config.h, etc. The end goal is to eventually upgrade from this current firmware to a newer Marlin, but I'm just starting out and not sure exactly what settings I need to read from the current firmware so that I can set up the new firmware.

I *have* backed up my flash and eeprom to a hex file, though currently I'm not even sure that's very useful. Any help?I can connect to the board through the Arduino IDE, but it tells me practically nothing.

Thanks,Jack
    Last edited by JackOfAllTraces; 07-11-2020 at 03:39 PM.