Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technologist
    As I was tearing my MKS Sbase installation down, I thought that maybe I'll test the SBC mode while I'm at it. This means adding a raspberry pi to the setup with a custom SPI cable. And after some fiddling the setup seems to work. The biggest improvement is the networking; when using the Sbase's ethernet, it's slow (upload about 70kb/s) and it allows only one connection at a time. That's because of limits of the CPU on the board. So in SBC mode I get:
    - Wifi
    - multiple connections
    - speed (5.5Mb/s)
    Now I'll just have to make an enclosure for the raspi, currently just hanging by the wires... .
    Btw I'm powering the raspi from 12V, using a small DC-DC step-down converter fixed to output 5V. So no need to use a usb charger
    IMG_20200831_195242.jpg

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shopler View Post
    Good day. Quite interesting thread, I found many useful info here. By the way I also want to ask, do you use some additional antivirus software for your PC? What operating system do you have? I read Webroot antivirus rating from https://antivirus-review.com/webroot-review and I think I should install this app. What can you say?
    Well I can say that if you read any of this thread except the very first post on just this page you might have understood that we were picking on a spammer for injecting some severely off topic stuff into this thread. But now you have become that spammer. Well didn't you at least read the title of the thread? How about commenting on that? You know the title of the thread, or just flip back to page 1 and 2 and read what we are actually discussing and join the conversation with some helpful or at least on topic dialogue.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Spegelius where are you?! I found some new hardware on this topic and needed your input before taking the plunge on my coreXY build. This part looks like it is just the BTT wifi module but it connects to the exp1 & exp2 connectors: BIGTREETECH BTT RRF Wifi V1.0 Module Expansion board 3D Printer Parts – Biqu Equipment . I really want to know how this would differ from just using the wifi module connected directly to the board. This one: ESP-01S WIFI Module ESP8266 For SKR PRO TFT35 – Biqu Equipment .
    And so I am wondering and was hoping we could have a small discussion on whether this component might solve any of the problems that existed from running reprap firmware on the skr boards. I want to connect cameras n stuff and I am either gonna try this or finally figure out octoprint and cura.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    assuming no wifi - how do you change the config files with reprap ?

there are a few settings I have yet to work out how to change with a g-code insert into my startup gcode, that would be useful.

And as it's so easy to change on the sapphire pro and robin nano board - I might have a go at trying something different.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Spegelius where are you?! I found some new hardware on this topic and needed your input before taking the plunge on my coreXY build. This part looks like it is just the BTT wifi module but it connects to the exp1 & exp2 connectors: BIGTREETECH BTT RRF Wifi V1.0 Module Expansion board 3D Printer Parts – Biqu Equipment . I really want to know how this would differ from just using the wifi module connected directly to the board. This one: ESP-01S WIFI Module ESP8266 For SKR PRO TFT35 – Biqu Equipment .
    And so I am wondering and was hoping we could have a small discussion on whether this component might solve any of the problems that existed from running reprap firmware on the skr boards. I want to connect cameras n stuff and I am either gonna try this or finally figure out octoprint and cura.
    Hmm I think the latter of those two modules won't work with RRF. I have that ESP8266 TFT35 module (or similar) and the RRF port developer said it won't work with RRF. The Wifi BTT 1.0 Expansion board seems to be the correct one.
    For cameras you'll need to go with Octoprint (or something else that provides a web stream of the camera) because RRF AFAIK doesn't support cameras. DWC allows you to set a webcam url so you can at least have the camera image shown on the web UI, but that's about it. For other hardware, this page should help: https://duet3d.dozuki.com/

@curious aardvark: the SD card is removable and it's basic FAT formatted disk so just pop it in a PC and edit away. Also I think plugging the board to PC with USB cable probably mounts the SD card also.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    TY buddy. I want to go after a camera. And so I guess then I will chase down the octoprint. I really like the octolapse videos and would love to be able to make one. You ever setup octoprint on any of your machines?

Technologist
    I have 4 printers runnning with Octoprint, I haven't used SD pcards for printing in ages. 2 of the printers have Rpi camera modules so I can monitor prints remotely. I haven't tried Octolapse, but I think it should be quite straightforward to use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123