Close

Question Simplify3D Infill/Wall Settings

Hello,

I'm trying to get this thin walled part to print better on my CreatBot but I can't figure out why the print preview makes it look like I'm not getting a 100% fill. I don't want to waste a print to find out the preview was right either. I'm attaching my gcode file from Simplify3D.J07866 TEST.gcode I should add I'm printing PVDF which is why I have a 255 nozzle temp, no fan, and a 90 degree bed temp.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by LeglessPooch; 07-09-2020 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Added material info

A factory file would be more helpful. However you could post a picture of the preview.. version of S3D and the factory file. If you are seeing a gap between 2 thin walls, most likely the issue is the extrusion width is not a multiple of the model wall width. If you have 2 walls set and there a gap smaller than your extrusion width lefter over then then you get a gap. You may need to alter the extrusion width or reduce the number of walls. If this is your own model alter the wall thickness to be divisible by your extrusion width.
    Hope that helps, it is not plug and play, and S3D current version may just be broken, I use 4.01

PS do not reduce your extrusion width below the diameter of your nozzle.. so .4 would be as think as you should go with a .4mm nozzle. You can try, but I have never had good luck doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    A factory file would be more helpful. However you could post a picture of the preview.. version of S3D and the factory file. If you are seeing a gap between 2 thin walls, most likely the issue is the extrusion width is not a multiple of the model wall width. If you have 2 walls set and there a gap smaller than your extrusion width lefter over then then you get a gap. You may need to alter the extrusion width or reduce the number of walls. If this is your own model alter the wall thickness to be divisible by your extrusion width.
    Hope that helps, it is not plug and play, and S3D current version may just be broken, I use 4.01

PS do not reduce your extrusion width below the diameter of your nozzle.. so .4 would be as think as you should go with a .4mm nozzle. You can try, but I have never had good luck doing so.
    Not sure I can post the actual model but I am using S3D v. 4.1.2. I am using a 0.4 nozzle and I have the extrusion width set to "Auto" but will try changing that to see if I can get this corrected. Thanks for the help! guard test4.JPG
    guard test2.jpgguard test3.JPG

hard to tell from the photo but those walls look attached to me.. You can try increase the Allow perimeter over lap by 10% (on advanced tab) Probably won't change the preview