Close

Mini 3D printed cities

Hello, very new to 3D printing here. Looking for my first 3D printer. Did a lot of research and I think I want to get the Prusa MK3S or the Dremel 3D45. What I need it for is to print miniature cities, like Manhattan. Will these printers be the best bet for this required detail or do I need to go with something else?

Much appreciated.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    depends how small and how much detail.
    You'd probably be better off with a resin printer. Just bear in kind the resin is quite toxic and you do need to take safety precautions when using the machines.
    And there is a fair amount of post processing involved. suppoort removal (if used) washing in isopropyl alcohol and then hardening under a uv light.

BUT the results are most likely exactly what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    depends how small and how much detail.
    You'd probably be better off with a resin printer. Just bear in kind the resin is quite toxic and you do need to take safety precautions when using the machines.
    And there is a fair amount of post processing involved. suppoort removal (if used) washing in isopropyl alcohol and then hardening under a uv light.

BUT the results are most likely exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks for your feedback. I don't think I want to go with resin due to the extra cost for material.

I had this in mind. https://microscape.co/

I think they're using filament. They won't reply to me though.