Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ender 3 (questions)

Hello guys i am new here

I just bought 3D printer Ender 3

So i have few questions.

1. When printing finishes do i need to leave the printer on for a while to cool down or can i just unplug it from power supply ?

2. When my printing is done , i always clean my bed with alcohol , do i need to clean the nozzle remove the fillement or something else and how ?

3. Do i need to store in plastic bag my fillement if i dont use it one week , and do i need to remove it from nozzle ?

4. And any suggestion , what parts do i need to buy, which first wear out ?

Thanks

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    1. I installed a switch so merely turn my 3D Printer off when finished 3D Printing.

2. Cleaning your bed after print is correct, I also clean my bed with alcohol before 3D Printing to remove the debris, yes/no

3. I store filament in a large plastic tub with one of these from the dollar store.

Moisture Eliminator.jpg

4. Filament, Heater - for Hot-end, Thermisters for bed and hot-end.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 07-06-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Thank You !

107797153_1410132319376284_2266173339862824035_n.jpg What is the problem here ?

Upper side is ok but down not

It appears from photo that the bed is higher in front. Re-leveling bed could fix.
    You could raise the print to start about 0.1mm higher and this will most likely correct the problem.

Thank You

I just started ... looking tutorials and etc..

Which program is good and free for 3d modeling , i am using tinkercad now and cura slicer

Thanks again

I too use ThinkerCad and Cura Slicers.
    I also have the Personal use version of Fusion 360

Now this program has a steep learning curve I was told.
    Though I watched a few You-Tube videos and designed this

New Case Layout.jpg

Well maybe it is not as steep of a learning curve as some would say.

Though this is a simple Controller Cover model where the base bolts to the chassis an the cover snaps over the controller PCB.

Blue Case.jpg

I guess if I can Learn Fusion 360 personal use in only few hours to model this case.
    with only You-Tube Videos and thinkercad experience, so can you.

Hictop Case Model made with Fusion 360 Personal Use

This took a while to model as each step was learned at time needed, using You Tube Search to find tutorials needed.

Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 07-07-2020 at 06:53 PM.

1 - Let it cool down first. If the fans aren't blowing while it cools down, the heat can creep up into the heat break, causing clogs. Cheap to fix, but a pain in the butt and really, unless you're sitting watching your prints, you likely wouldn't notice 5 or 10 minutes to cool down.

2 - This comes down to personal taste and if you have any issues to solve with adhesion. I don't have any adhesion issues, correctly leveled, and do not use any adhesion helpers like glue stick. I clean my bed with IPA about every 5 - 10 prints, but don't bother every time. If I see any adhesion issues, I try cleaning first with IPA, if that doesn't work, soap and water then IPA.

3 - Depends on how much humidity in your area, and what kind of filament. I'm on the prairies and just leave it on, even if it takes me a month or 2 to finish a roll. I've done this with PLA and PETG without experiencing any issues, though I've read that certain filaments are more hydroscopic.

4 - Spares to have on hand would be heater cartridge, thermistor, nozzles, maybe a spare hotend, and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare bowden tube (look up Capricorn Tubing for this). If you're looking for upgrades, look into the yellow bed springs, but other than that, learn the printer and see what issues you may want to solve before buying a bunch of upgrades you may not need. That being said, when you get tired of the noise and want to go more silent, do not get the Creality silent board, it is still an 8 bit board, instead look at the 32 bit BigTreeTech SKR Mini E3. There's a good chance that will be the first upgrade you will want besides the better springs and tubing.

Lol thank You guys for help

Fusion 360 i can get only 1 year for free right ?

pretty sure it stays free as long as you are only a "hobbyist" or student

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast