Close

Lightbulb Can I use a Creality 3D printer board on Alfawise U30

Hello everyone,I hope this has not been already asked on the forum, but I was not able to find an answer for it.Background: I have an Alfawise U30 printer purchased from Gearbest, and the board on it got fried when I started it once and now it does not work anymore. The support over Gearbest agreed to send me a replacement for the board but they have not received it in stock, and then they made a refund for a certain amount, that is the equivalent of the board. On this, I have placed a new order for the board but more than 50 days have passed and they have not even shipped the part as it is still out of stock.Question: My question would be, Can I use a Creality Ender 3 or other board and display, to control the hardware, extruder, stepper motors of the Alfawise U30? Or could I set up a Raspberry Pi printer, that can use the hardware?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well looking at it - it's pretty much an ender 3 clone - so - yep any screen and board combo that would work for the ender 3 should work for yours.

Biqu are probably the best supplier at the moment (got a board, screen and stepper driver set in under 2 weeks in may) and one of the skr - board and screen combo's.
    Think they use the e3 for enders.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIGTREETE...UAAOSwmv1e1fhb

Mind you, check connestors - there's probably nothing wrong with the existing screen.
    You should just be able to drop the alfawise firmware on that and plug and go.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-03-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Thank you curious aardvark for the tip, i was thinking that a combo like this might work, but i will try to investigate more on this matter and if they are compatible and it works i will post my findings here.

The screen would need to be changed for me, because of the connector it uses, it is a very thin ribbon like those used in smartphones connectors and not like the Ender 3 one.

Ah - then waht you want is the skr turbo 1.4
    that comes with a screen that connects with a ribbon cable :-)
    Sounds like the same thing.

Is there any writing on the board you currently have ?

failing that - got a picture and I can compare yours with the skr1.4 turbo and screen I have.

I had a look at that board, but i do not really see a ribbon like that.
    Below are 2 images of my board.
    IMG_20200421_132016.jpgIMG_20200421_132031.jpg

Ah - I'll go check - might be the setup on the sapphire pro. I've definitely got a screen with one of those cables on something I got recently.