Close

constant layer shift

Ive been getting a single layer shift lately in the x-axis and I can't figure out what the issue is. The shift tends to be around the same height but not exact layer. I have already tried the following;

check and adjust belt tension
    add z-hop (no effect)
    reformat sd card
    IMG_20200628_103911.jpg

What confuses me is that z-hop did not help, which rules out the nozzle bumping into the print during travel. Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Lay shift can be caused by any mechanical part getting stuck for a short period of time.
    This includes lead screws, belts, bearings and stepper motors.
    All these mechanical parts can bind causing a layer shift.

Stepper motors having a low V-Ref voltage can miss steps from not having enough torque.
    Belts can pickup debris causing this layer shift.
    Bearing from the factory can have debris internally that caused sticking and layer shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Lay shift can be caused by any mechanical part getting stuck for a short period of time.This includes lead screws, belts, bearings and stepper motors.All these mechanical parts can bind causing a layer shift. Stepper motors having a low V-Ref voltage can miss steps from not having enough torque.Belts can pickup debris causing this layer shift.Bearing from the factory can have debris internally that caused sticking and layer shift.
    appreciate the feedback. what i dont understand though is how the shift only happens on one layer (not always the same layer too)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what printer is it ?
    and is the layer shift on a specific model - or on all models ?

Ender 3 Pro,I have been trying it on the same model. I am printing a different model now to test it out.