Close

Threaded View

Question Ender 3 - Print Issues (Novice Printer)

Hey Y'all,I've been lurking on this forums for a few days now, and I've picked up quite a bit. I've been watching loads of CHEP/Filament Friday's YouTube videos. However, I'm still struggling with my printer.SoftwareDesign Tool: Autodesk Fusion 360 (Will be switching to Blender3D due to licensing issues)Slicer: Ultimaker Cura v4.6.1Filament: Stock Filament that came with the printer. I'm assuming PLA. I've ordered Inland PLA from MicroCenter.I've provided photos below, and I own this domain, where I've hosted the gcodes and STL files I'm using. I've also included the print settings I'm currently using.As you can see, the top left of my print comes out nicely, while the rest comes out thin, and horrible. I've leveled the bed with CHEP's bed leveling. Used a piece of paper and slid it in and out until I felt the paper being grabbed by the tip. I've ran a few test runs, Test_1A/B is the first run I did, and Test_2/A/B is the 2nd run I did. I manually adjusted the bed while it was printing. A few spots turned out better.

Frankly, learning this has been the most frustrating experience of my life. I work in IT, specifically Data Centers. I'm by no means an "idiot". I know I'm missing something simple here, or don't understand something about the slicer. I've purchased a few classes from Udemy, and I plan on studying up. I have a project in mind I want to do, and my work has agreed to pay for any filaments I need if I print a few projects to help reduce damage to spare parts. We're throwing away thousands of dollars on motherboards because they were damaged.

Anyways, if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I don't need the exact answer, kind of takes away the fun of learning, but it would be nice to lessen the hair pulling. I've posted in reddit, but I felt I needed an actual forum for help. I also joined a Discord channel, and instantly regretted it. Several people were a-holes, and I just bounced. I don't have time for elitism.

Thanks in advance! I work night shift, I look forward to reading where I goofed up.

Cheers,
    Data

Edit: I've included the original images due to re-sizing on the forums. Mind you, these are 4mb+ png files are a 4K resolution. Hoping the extra detail will help, if not my bad haha
    Attached Images Attached Images