Close

What peripherals should I get ?

Apologies in advance if this has been asked, I didn't see a thread that covers it.I am a complete 3d printing noob, and it's going to be quite some weeks until I receive my I3 MK3S.However, from watching so many YouTube videos on 3d printing I see that people have all sorts of extra tools and peripherals as part of 3d printing ...So I'm asking the community to help me build a list of the things I need to buy and/or things that would be a good idea to buy.A couple things come to mind from watching videos ... Some kind of shears or pliers for clipping support off the printed item ... What are a good pair to get ? Is one type enough or are their different types for different prints ? i.e maybe there's long nose and short nose versions ...Second ... Sand papers for post processing .... Recommendations and suggestions for the various types/grades, and best brands would be most appreciated ...Glues ? ... Are there specific glues to use when using them with 3d (PLA) prints ?'fillers' ? ... To use in the post processing to sand away and smooth out print lines ...Those are the things that jump to mind, but I have no idea what types of brands to get. I am sure there are probably other '3d printing workshop' bits and pieces I should get, or would be a good idea to get ... I am hoping you can tell me what those are. I'd love to have all this in place by the time the 3d printer arrives, rather than find out later, and then need to wait more weeks for postage etc ... Gonna take quite some time for the 3d printer to arrive.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you don't want sand paper.
    get some foam sanding blocks and a set of micro files:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abrasive-Su...2996735&sr=8-6
    I usually get mine from a pound shop or local hardware store - much cheaper tham amazon - which is odd :-)
    I pay about £2 for 8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeweltool-M...2996794&sr=8-9
    That kind of thing - I printed handles for mine :-)
    I also have similiar in diamond - but the metal ones seem to work better for plastic.

I try and avoid supports, so not much help there. On the odd occasion I download something that uses them I usually just use pliers and the files.
    But even then they leave a right mess behind - so it's best to just avoid designing anything that uses them :-)

Glue - I use UHU All purpose clear glue, for any joining.

Never used a filler.

I'df suggest you use the waiting time to get some designing practice in :-)

Thanks aardvark for the recommendations...i am already into practice. Waiting for its arrival, will share the stuff once i build something meaningful!