Close

Question Resin printing cracks appeared in 15 days after printed. HELP!!!

Hi, all! Please help me out. T_T.
    most of my resin 3D printing models have creaks like the picture shown. does anyone know? please help me. I`m confusing. it was fine after printed out. however, after 15 days or more, it has cracksWechatIMG14.jpgWechatIMG13.jpg

Did you hollow the model and add escape holes? If liquid resin is still in there it can crack and the resin leaks out. Which is of course dangerous for anyone handling the model. I had printed a Benchy months ago and the holes closed during printing. I ignored it and just a couple days ago I found cracks and it was all wet. I quickly washed it off and left it in the sun for those cracks to seal up.

Quote Originally Posted by philnolan3d View Post
    Did you hollow the model and add escape holes? If liquid resin is still in there it can crack and the resin leaks out. Which is of course dangerous for anyone handling the model. I had printed a Benchy months ago and the holes closed during printing. I ignored it and just a couple days ago I found cracks and it was all wet. I quickly washed it off and left it in the sun for those cracks to seal up.
    Hi, thank you for reply. Right. It happened to me before when I hollowed some models. They were all cracked and resin everywhere on the displayed area. No, I didn’t hollow this model. It still cracked even it isn’t hollow. Could it be possible that I didn’t cure long enough?

Well yeah, that's the problem I bet. If you don't hollow thicker models like this the sunlight or other UV won't be able to reach to the inside during the post curing. So you've still got liquid resin inside there. It's also just a waste of resin if you don't hollow it.

I actually just posted a video on supports and talked about hollowing in the beginning.
    https://youtu.be/4duyDAP6a2c