Close

1st layer print issues for noob on Guider 2 - Good pre-extrusion - rubbish after.

Hi, I am achieving an ok print by using a raft everytime, but this seems to be time consuming and wasting filament. When I try to print ABS on my Guider 2, the pre-extrusion prints a lovely thick line that sticks well to the base, it then goes into print and there is a fine extrusion that sticks here and there. I tried slowing down the first row to 20mm/s the same as the pre-extrusion but it appears to kick into some kind of different mode for the actual print, I am using Flashprint to slice. Any one come across this problem or could suggest a fix. In the picture you can see the white line pre-extrusion easily that I have circled, after that its a fine extrusion dragged all over the place by the head, its supposed to be printing a circle base.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you need to set the first layer to print thicker than the rest.

And 20mm/s for a first layer is way too fast for pla let alone abs. set it to somewhere between 5 and 10 mm/s
    In my clip I was printing pla - and that's fast for a first layer. But I have a reallly 'sticky' print surface.