Close

Issues in printing standing coin-like structure

Hi, I am using Prusa i3 MK3 and PETG. Whenever I print structures with a standing coin-like end, I have two issues: 1. The lower half of the edge is not symmetrical to the upper half. i.e. While the upper half is circular, the lower half is not. It is like somebody ate a small piece of it. 2. The edge of the lower half that is on the support are rugged rather than smooth like the upper half. Is there any way that I can resolve these two issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes that's right. Sorry supports will get you a part, but not a nice neat clean part.
    With S3D supports you can move them closer to the part and add additional supports the the problem area.. Can you rotate the part and print it flat ?

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    Yes that's right. Sorry supports will get you a part, but not a nice neat clean part.
    With S3D supports you can move them closer to the part and add additional supports the the problem area.. Can you rotate the part and print it flat ?
    Thanks. What is S3D supports? How do I get it? Due to other constraints, I cannot print it flat.

S3D is the slicer Simplified 3D and I would not suggest buying it.. the current version is full of bugs and the results would be similar.
    Try printing more than one or the same design at once so the area can cool down more and see if that improves.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    S3D is the slicer Simplified 3D and I would not suggest buying it.. the current version is full of bugs and the results would be similar.
    Try printing more than one or the same design at once so the area can cool down more and see if that improves.
    Is there other way that I can solve this problem? My models usually take 7+ hours to complete. I am doing it at home with poor ventilation so I try to reduce the length of use.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    got better pictures ?
    can't figure out why you're using supports

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    got better pictures ?can't figure out why you're using supports
    I always use Support Everywhere. So doing this sometimes leads to undesirable results? The side view is like ______) so I guess I need support to build the lower half of the circular shape.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    got better pictures ?can't figure out why you're using supports
    Here are so photos. Please advise on how to solve the issues of rugged circular edge and asymmetry between the upper and lower halves of the circle. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images