Close

Question on gcode editors

I have a problem with the gcode settings on my 3 printer, the bed temp is not displaying in the printer settings, Cura is showing 60c but when I look at the code in Notepad++ there is no setting for the bed temp, it shows the extruder settings (M109 S200) . I am tryng to add "M190 S60" but when I save it I cant find a gcode setting to add it to, can anyone help please.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    What do you mean you "can't find a gcode setting to add it to" - THAT IS the gcode setting. Just make a new line and add "M190 S60" to set your bed to 60 and wait for it to report 60 before moving along. If your firmware supports M190.

Question on G code editors

Hi Davo, really sorry for not replying earlier, really busy with work etc etc, I may not have wrote down properly what I was trying to say, when you save an ammended g code file in Notepad ++ you get the option to eith Save or Save As, its when I tried to "Save As" it asks in a drop down menu which type of file you are saving, I have now found that just clicking "Save" appears to do the job, sorry for the confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    What do you mean you "can't find a gcode setting to add it to" - THAT IS the gcode setting. Just make a new line and add "M190 S60" to set your bed to 60 and wait for it to report 60 before moving along. If your firmware supports M190.