Close

(X5SA-) 2E or not 2E

Hi folks,

First post since joining in April when I bought my 1st 3d printer, a Flashforge Adventurer 3. I've had fun but the bed just isn't big enough for some of the models I'm looking at. In some cases I am able to get an .stl of the complete model and re-cut in appropriate sizes myself but this isnt always possible and I'd just like to be able to print larger pieces. I've had a look at the options and was considering a Tronxy X5SA-2E, currently listed on banggood for just over £300.

As mentioned above, the main reason is to get an increased print volume but also like the fact that it's not tied to some proprietary software like the Adv3 with Flashprint.

With this in mind does would anyone like to offer some thoughts as to whether the Tronxy is a good choice (pros / cons) or would you recommend something else and if so, why?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well it would depend on whether the se is based on the original tronxy x5sa or on the pro version.

Other than that looks a lot like my sapphire pro, just with a larger print volume and no linear rails.
    'course I haven't got round to finishing that yet - so no clue how the corexy system actually runs :-)

On balance it looks like a decent machine - my only caveat would be how well the 2-in-1 out hotend works.

Personally I thinkj I'd prefer a 1 in 1 out setup.
    But, yeah - looks good

Couple of things.
    1) if you have any problems banggood will not take it back - so best to assume from the get-go you're buying without a warranty.
    2) flashprint is one seriously good slicer. The only other I've tried that's as good is simplify3d. With that machine you're probably going to end up with cura unless you get simplify3d.
    Mind you been a while since I've tried out some of the other slicers - could be they've improved :-)