Close

Student

Help ID board: Max Micron (Prusa Mendel I3 clone)

Hi everyone,I just picked up a used Max Micron printer (Prusa Mendel i3 clone) that works well, but the Z offset is off, and documentation is sparse to say the least. I've been able to connect using the newer Cura 4.6.1, but there's no console to send and review G code and M commands. The board doesn't have any sort of name on it, it's just labeled "Base V1.3". There is a RepRap Ramps 1.4 budget LCD controller, but the Z offset starts at +.50 and goes up from there (and I need a negative value to raise it). I've used other printers in the past using Pronterface and the older Cura 14.x, but for whatever reason I can NOT get either of those to communicate with the printer motherboard. Can anyone ID this board and tell me what drivers I'll need, or a program with a console that will communicate with it? I have the FTDI driver installed and it shows up on COM3, but Pronterface/Printrun and the older Cura don't recognize it. I'm attaching a picture- but where the photo says "MPX.3" mine says "Base V1.3".Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse

Student
    Thank you!

Also, my apologies for the duplicate thread - I was inexperienced with the forum software. Mea culpa.