Close

Student

Question Control, Prepare missing after SKR Mini E3 V1.2 install

I am a newbie with a 3 months old Ender 3 Pro, my first one. I purchased, installed and loaded a new SKR Mini E3 V1.2 mobo. The LCD panel lit up as usual without problems. I selected 'print from card' which showed the micro sd card had 2 files, FIRMWARE and test, as I recall. Then I put the sd card into a micro-sd to SD card adapter, which I hoped to use, and plugged it into the card slot but it didn't work. I fiddled with it a little, then removed the adapter and discarded it. I then removed the card and copied it onto my PC for safekeeping. I also added 2 short, simple .gecode files to check out the printer. I put it back into the printer and turned it on. The panel came on listing several entries but Prepare, Control and Print from Card were missing. I opened and scrolled each item, even clicking on 'Initiate EEPROM' but without success. I plugged and re-plugged the sd card, restarted the printer several times with no luck. Put the sd card back into the PC and both original files plus the 2 .gcode files I added were still there. This exhausts my meager knowledge of things to do and I surely hope someone can help me out! Thank you!

Student
    Are you saying the menu items in Marlin are actually missing if you go into the menu?

Student

Control, Prepare missing after SKR Mini E3 V1.2 install

Thanks Gigo! I don't think I'm doing everything right to answer you--this procedure just seems wrong, like I'm making a new post. But I'll try anyway! The lcd screen doesn't show Prepare, control, etc like it used to, and I can't find "print from card" as I used to. I want to print a quick, simple file.If I go from the Info screen to >Configure (scroll)> Initiate Media and press it, nothing happens. There is also "Media Released" which I didn't press.If I'm in Info>Configure(scroll)>Advanced Settings> Initialize EEPROM> gives a choice of cancel or initialize; if I select Initialize, nothing happens.If you can see this, I'll be very happy!

Student
    Which version of Marlin are you on? Are you compiling the latest version for the SKR?

Student
    The panel for this SKR board shows Marlin 2.0. I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by compliing.... I'm still trying to learn 3D lingo which creates hugh barriers for me and nearly impossible ones for anyone trying to help me!! I know that any successful teaching experience requires the student to at least know the language and I'm working hard as I can to fill the voids I have to make it at least bearable for each of us. Sincere
    thanks for your efforts!Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×