Close

Two prints with different results

Kinda new to the world of 3d printing.
    Im having a bit of an issue and I cant understand why I'm getting this result.
    I made two prints, the first on the right and the second on the left. As you can see the first has uniform layers with no gaps, but the second print looks almost like the hot end moved too fast or had under extrusion. I have dialed in my extruder settings (same for both) so I dont think its under extrusion. I have since made a 3rd print and the 2nd and 3rd prints still have these gaps in exactly the same places in exactly the same pattern. I don't know if it was a setting i may have changed or if it could be mechanically related. Any help would be appreciated.

I used an ender 3 Pro, and sliced with cura.
    As far as I can remember, the primary settings were the same for both. thickness is .2 with a .4 nozzle. didn't touch speed or retraction settings.
    0.jpg

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Check for friction on the delivery path (spool to melt zone) - even a little drag can cause underextrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Check for friction on the delivery path (spool to melt zone) - even a little drag can cause underextrusion.
    I considered that too, but i checked and it looks fine. Plus the gaps are in the exact spots in the same pattern for both 2nd and 3rd prints. Which makes it seem less likely its an occasional snag.