Close

More help or advise

Hello all thank you for helping with the bed level issue. I haVe that fixed, but now having a new problem. I had to remove the carriage for the extruder because the cable was tucked under the bed and I did not notice. So I loosened the top two wheels to remove it. I removed it fixed the cable and put it back together. Now the wheels will not tighten enough to keep the carriage on track. Not sure exactly how this fucked up. I mean it’s 3 pieces. A screw, spacer, and a nut. I cannot figure out what the hell is going on here. Is there a piece I wonder I missed that fell or something that secures it tighter. Well if anyone had an idea I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds like the bolt might be turning round.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading a sapphire pro. And one of the things I always do is replace bed level nuts with locking nuts.
    So did this on the sapphire pro and the bolt just goes round and round and nothing tightens. You have to peel the bloody bed sticker back, and shove an allen key in to hold the stupid thing in place before tightening.
    But of course you can't really do that while levelling.

So still working on a solution.
    I suspect it'll involve soldering the bolts into place in the recessed sockets.
    Can't think of any other way to stop the stupidly placed things from turning round.

Sometimes the printer designers either don't care or just don't think :-(