Close

option to buy CR 20

I have an option to buy a cr 20 , but it is having retaining Z-offset accuracy issue. I have no experience ( YET , this is my first post) Is this a common issue, easy fix or should I pass on this unit.
    Any help/info is appreciated.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what is a cr 20 ?
    how much are they asking for it ?

Ah right - one of these: https://www.creality3dofficial.com/p...pro-3d-printer

Right so, looking at it, it's basically an ender 3

I dunno $50
    And he should pay you that to take it :-)

Look it's junk, save your money and buy something worth having.

If you want an I3 go for one with the priginal prusa design features:
    direct drive extruder, side print bed support rails and dual z-axis motors and screws.

Everything else will give you problems one way or another.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-03-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what is a cr 20 ?
    how much are they asking for it ?

Ah right - one of these: https://www.creality3dofficial.com/p...pro-3d-printer

Right so, looking at it, it's basically an ender 3

I dunno $50
    And he should pay you that to take it :-)

Look it's junk, save your money and buy something worth having.

If you want an I3 go for one with the priginal prusa design features:
    direct drive extruder, side print bed support rails and dual z-axis motors and screws.

Everything else will give you problems one way or another.

How do you really feel? HAHAHA
    I read a few of your post, You dont like Creality LOL.
    I am green at this and was just wondering about it. I should be able to get it for 250 cad. and tinker with it a bit. My budget is about 500cad, if it was more then I think a would stay away from Creality, from what I have been reading.
    Of coarse a Prusa would be ideal. You have one for sale? LOL
    If you have any other suggestion I would love to hear them.

Thanks

I hope to learn how to print and send you a nice Creality 3d emblem. HAHA

monoprice maker select plus or makers select 2.
    Both are PROPER prusa clones. And within your budget.
    They are rebadged wanhao i3 duplicators. So decent make and huge user base.

Not quite the same electronics - but decent machines for all that.

https://www.amazon.ca/ADIMLab-Assemb...2C1020&sr=8-31
    Another original prusa design i3.
    It gets mixed reviews - but it's a good base to start with.

The sovol 01 is also a decent machine.
    Has the central rail bed design But they do use a 20x40 strut and 6 wheels - so it's about as good as that particular design gets.
    But does have direct drive extruder and dual z axis motors.

Saw one idiot on facebook who had 'upgraded' his sovol by removing three of the wheels.
    So a large heavy bed was supported by 2 wheels on one side and just one on the other.
    Some people just don't think things through :-)

If creality ever make a decent machine I'll recommend it. Until they do - I can't.

I'll Take your advice and think whats my next move. Lots to learn just about what printer to get and then the software learning curve. ETC. Its a shame that products are made knowing there are issue prior to release. I believe the gaming software industry went through that faze. (releasing product that needed updated before their release)
    Just like buying a new car, they want you to buy an extended warranty because they dont trust their own product.

Thanks
    What did I get myself into?

lol
    There are good companies out there.
    flashforge for one
    And there are good machines out there.

The really weird thing about creality is that the original prusa I3 design is opensource. It's legally free.
    All it would take to turn an ender 3 into a prusa style is: 1 stepper motor, 1 lead screw setup for z axis, 2 smooth rods, 4 bearings for the rods and a little redesign.
    Now given how cheaply they get the components for. You're only looking at maybe $40-50 - probably less.

Okay make stuff cheap - but you can make it cheap AND make it work.
    Geetech currently have a full prusa design i3 out there for as little as $160.
    https://www.geeetech.com/acrylic-gee...kit-p-917.html
    Yes the components are cheap, yes the frame is made of acrylic. And it's a good idea to make some brackets and bolt the frame to a rigid surface (mine is on a sheet of aluminium - plywood or chipboard would work just as well).
    But it's a really nice printer. Mine is actually even cheaper and nastier than the link above. That one has better everything. Althouhg I do like my plywood frame. Really easy to screw bits into.
    To me it makes no sense buying an ender 3 when you can get one of those. Cheaper, better faster and infinitely upgradeable. As is shown by our very own autowiz and his blue 'something' machine that's pretty much had just about everything changed you can change.

The good manufacturers and machines are probably in the majority. But creality do a LOT of marketing and pay a LOT of people to make youtube videos telling you how good their stuff is.

It is ever the way that good marketing = sales.
    Reagrdless of what you are actually selling and whether or not it actually works.