Close

Exclamation Printer Globbing when Extruder at a Stand-still

Hey Y'all,

I'm pretty new to the whole 3D printer thing since one of my friends gave me a pretty run down Anet A8. Its a pretty fun project and I managed to fix basically it all up except for one very strange problem that he hadn't even seen before: So basically what happens is when the printer is running a print it intentionally extrudes a large amount of plastic when the extruder is at a stand still for a brief second. It seems--backwards. Like when it reaches a corner in the print, the drive motor drives a lot of plastic forming a pretty large glob as seen in the attached photos.

I've tried lowering the print flow but the whole effect is just scaled down. I've also tried adjusting print speed and temperature, to no avail. Its running Marlin 1.1.6, so I was wondering if it could possibly be a firmware issue, but that seems unlikely, though I'm not sure what else could be the problem. I've also tried several different slicers, all having the same effect, so it's got to be my printer.If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Spencer
    Attached Images Attached Images