Close

Learning Fusion 360

As I am in this stay at home situation, I plan to learn Fusion 360 (in June) in more depth using all the online courses, Lectures and tutorials available via Autodesk.These will include:

-Getting started in Fusion 360
    -Mechanical assemblies fundamentals
    -Working with imported geometry
    -Understanding generative design
    -Introduction to generative design-Conceptual modeling fundamentals
    -Fusion 360 Academy Portland 2019 Industrial Design (to re-check what has been learned)

If anyone is interested in doing the same sort of online courses with me for Fusion 360 (the link is below) do post here as it would be great as it is good to have others learning the same content.Also post in here each Friday (first being 5 June) your progress (e.g. what courses you have done so far).

The forum post is also a good place to share any aspects or questions anyone has or problems you have experienced during this learning.

Course page links:
    https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusio...lute-beginners

To get access to Fusion 360 for free here is the link: https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/fusion-360/overview

Everyday is a new day to learn...
    Last edited by loadedphp; 05-31-2020 at 09:33 AM.

I have fusion 360 up and running for free, and worked through the getting started videos as well as trying different design. Would like to find a course book of Fusion 360 so to do some step by step Projects. Any suggestions?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Fusion 360 for Makers : Design Your Own Digital Models for 3d Printing and CNC
    Autodesk Fusion 360 A Power Guide For Beginners And Intermediate Users
    A Beginner's Guide to 3D Modeling: A Guide to Autodesk Fusion 360
    Autodesk Fusion 360 Basics Tutorial
    Autodesk Fusion 360 Black Book
    Autodesk Fusion 360 Basics Tutorial by Books Tutorial

Thanks a lot
    it is important for me too

Technician

Free version?

I had Fusion 360 for a while. I thought I had downloaded the free version - but after 6 months I think it was I lost my license. I could still use the software to create, but I couldn't do anything with it - not save or 3d print. Apparently I only had a free trial.Any ideas what I did wrong. I liked the software. Or any suggestions for free software that is better?I'm pretty proficient with 3d modeling - I use Creo (ProE) at work, but I need something for my personal computer.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I installed my Fusion 360 free for Personal, Hobby Use using the link attached.
    Though have only created less than a dozen models over the last 4 years it still work every time I design another model.

Fusion 360.jpg
    It included an offline app that allowed me to model while offline then upload to online storage.
    It has recently changed the Personal limits now though. An is Free - for qualified hobbyist users.

Single user data management only:

• 10 active and editable Fusion 360 documents, unlimited inactive documents
    • View only public share links
    • Commenting, markups

Limited electronics and PCB design:

• 2 schematics
    • 2 layers
    • 80cm2 board area

Technician
    Thanks, I downloaded again using your link. Hopefully I did it right this time. I was able to access all my old models that I created with the first version - bonus.

Thanks for sharing link

Thanks for share informative link.