Close

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Bigtreetech - colour me impressed !

I ordered a skr 1.4 turbo board and a 3.5 inch touch screen with some a4988 drivers, two weeks ago to the day !
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IGTREETEC...72.m2749.l2649

seller was biqu11
    Paid £34 and was expecting it to arrive sometime in july !

I didn't get the tmc drivers for a couple reasons.
    1) quite a bit more expensive
    2) don't need a quiet machine
    3) given the size of the heatsinks, they must pull a fair bit more power.
    4) the a4988s do everything I Ineed at the right price and stay pretty cool.

Arrived today !

Approximately over a Month before the estimated arrival date and hands down the fastest thhing I've ever had shipped from mainland china.
    So tick number 1 :-)

Really well packaged. The board and screen are in their own little boxes.
    Never had cheap components in boxes before, always just been in the little grey plastic bags.

Some nice touches: 2 little yellow rubber ducks lol
    One in each box. They are now adorning a statue in the garden. We'll see who spots them :-)
    The board has a 128mb micro sdcard installed. Ideal for flashing firmware and to be fair you'd get a fair few models on it as well.

The stepper drivers are all individually packed with heatsinks included in the packets.

No actual manuals - but a bigtreetech card with web addresses and scan codes to get the information from.

I have to say, that if this kit actually works - the sheer value for money is astonishing.

The board is 32 bit, has three fan sockets and dual z axis sockets as well as two extruder sockets.
    There are also a bunch of extra sockets on the screen that look like endstop or sensor connectors - never seen that before.
    So next job - track down some data sheets and find out what all these things actually do !

I am Really impressed.

So posting this because, while people frequently say when they've had crap service and parts - we almost never praise a seller or manufacturer who does good things :-)

Plus, it's always good to know where to buy components.

Biqu11 and bigtreetech - you'll be my first choice for bits in the future :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-27-2020 at 06:02 AM.

100% with you on BTT being awesome.

I know you don't like Creality, but I put BTT SKR Mini E3 1.2 in my Ender 3 Pro and it is night and day. Built in TMC2209 so super silent. Dedicated spot for ABL, so no finicky add on boards like on the stock board. Built in bootloader, so firmware is a snap. And I don't know if it's the board, or the firmware I updated to, but without any changes in my slicer, my print quality improved. If I ever need another board, I'll be going back to BTT for sure. If I need another for Ender I'll do the new SKR Mini E3 2.0, but would have to research what to put in the Sidewinder X1 or the Prusa MK3S or MP Mini Delta if I ever feel the need to go 32 bit on any of those. I'm hesitant on the Sidewinder because I still have warranty, and hesitant on the Prusa because after solving the squeaking issue, I kinda don't want to mess with it while it's working well...lol

Ah - extra cheese :-)

The mini delta's are really noisy - but I don't think it's the board or the motors. Just seems to make lots of noise lol

They do have an awful lot of different boards - including clones of the duet boards.

Anything tht can improve an ender is a good thing :-)

Ah - extra cheese :-)

The mini delta's are really noisy - but I don't think it's the board or the motors. Just seems to make lots of noise lol

BTT do have an awful lot of different boards - including clones of the duet boards.
    What would you put in a prusa ?
    Probably the skr turbo - it's got the dual z connectors, you could add the latest tmc drivers - all the way up to the super expensive 5's.
    Still havent looked into how it works - but apparently you can do sensorless homing. I mean there has to be an endstop somewhere.
    But it does allow the print to be interrupted and then reset and carry on where it was when it was stopped. Maybe that's what it means.

Anything tht can improve an ender is a good thing :-)
    I'm all for improving them - just against them being sold in the first place lol

Board with duck :-)
    Also just checked the board firmware - it's got marlin 2.05 on it.
    Oh well, something else to learn !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-29-2020 at 09:01 AM.