Close

Dual Extrusion issues with Creator Pro

Hey everyoneMy Creator Pro (2019) struggles with the dual extrusion, since the upgrade to the all metal hotend for both extruders. The problem is as follows:First layer works fine, starting with the right extruder followed by the left one. But then when the second layer starts and changes back to right extruder the filament does not extrude anymore and you hear a rattle from the stepper motor. It seems that the filament can not be pushed down (even pushing down by hand doesn't work). Does somebody have the same problems?I tried already different filaments and slicer-programs but the issue remains. After cancel the print, I use the "load filament" function and it extrudes fine again. Single extrusion works completely fine as well.
    Last edited by kevbo; 05-24-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    we get a lot of posts like this. The clue is in your first sentence:
    since the upgrade to the all metal hotend for both extruders.
    It sounds like your metal insert doesn't go all the way to the top of the nozzle.
    this creates a chamber where plastic builds up and blocks the nozzle. Extremely common.
    Usually a ptfe guide tube is inserted into the hotend to guide the filament all the way to the end of the nozzle.

Not sure how your all-metal is configured, but sounds like it doesn't go all the way to the end of the nozzle.

You might either need different nozzles or get some capricorn hi-temp ptfe tubing.
    Can't see any other reason for an all metal other than printing with higher temp filaments.

Either that, or you buggered up one of the cables during the upgrade :-)

hmmm... when I press "load filament" it extrudes normally after I have stopped printing... Anyway thank you, I will check that!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah that happens alot.
    The loading process is a single continuous heat and push.
    It doesn't stop or retract - so you don't get that little chamber of molten plastic building up.

Amazing how often loading works and normal printing doesn't :-)