Close

What do you think of 3D printed food?

It seems that 3D printed food is the future of the food trend. Also, there are restaurants that use 3D printing to the food and make it a selling point. I agree that technology is in the developing, and for the better. I haven’t seen the actual working process for the printed food, and I have some questions about it.
    1. Is the operation the same with traditional printing? The internal food structure is more complicated than plastic or metal.
    2. The range of food includes desserts, pizza, pancakes. Is it taste the same with the former?
    3. The cost. A 3D food printer is still expensive.

Most of the foods need the secondary manual process. Is the price be competitive? As the one who focuses on the industry for 3D printing and rapid prototyping for years, I always think about materials of plastic and metal when talking about printing. What do you think that 3D printing technology will replace traditional cooking methods in the future?

2fprototypes

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    The base processes of 3D printing are already used to make things that are eaten every day. All (except handmade) pasta and candy is extruded. All beverages are blended and dispensed into containers by robotic devices. Chicken nuggets (I've worked on those machines). Ice cream. Even sausage and hot dogs.

What is it you are actually asking about?

Truthfully 3-D printing is already used in the food chain. I think it's very important and very beneficial for the world that we are able to produce food much faster than 40 years ago. Even for business owners like me some of the things that I order come through 3-D printing and I can't complain about that, since it gives me a steady result in what I serve to the customers and there are no differentiation between products. This allows me to be placed in the top restaurants of New York and thanks to I have managed to change the name of the restaurant to something more accessible for online marketing and with their help I'm recognized better than before.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 09-07-2022 at 04:14 AM. Reason: delete link

Why print food? Just boil a spool of it, slop it on a plate, and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlie View Post
    Truthfully 3-D printing is already used in the food chain. I think it's very important and very beneficial for the world that we are able to produce food much faster than 40 years ago. Even for business owners like me some of the things that I order come through 3-D printing and I can't complain about that, since it gives me a steady result in what I serve to the customers and there are no differentiation between products. This allows me to be placed in the top restaurants of New York and thanks to I have managed to change the name of the restaurant to something more accessible for online marketing and with their help I'm recognized better than before.
    The fact that you are able to place well in New York it's actually impressive. I'm struggling with the name that I've for chosen my restaurant.

This idea is entirely original, but it seems that such food would be deficient in nutrients. Although modern 3D printers can even print a human organ. I prefer to cook by myself because I want to know how the dish is made. During weekends I always cook something unusual for my family. I recently found some fantastic fish dishes here and decided to make them. My wife really liked the combination of ingredients. She asked me to write down the recipe step by step.

I think nothing about it, because such technology is something I never heard about before.