Close

Thread: SKR 1.4 Issues

SKR 1.4 Issues

Hi all, I recently upgraded my adimlab gantry pro from the stock MKS gen L to an SKR 1.4 Turbo with TMC2209s. I followed Teaching Tech and Chris's Basements videos on building the marlin 2.0 firmware and uploading it to the printer but the issue im having is when I build the configuration and put it on my sd card then insert the sd card into the board, the board doesnt seem to be taking the build, my LCD is black with no power, I can connect the printer in pronterface and move the motors but X is reversed and Z wont home, just move up about 10mm. (I did clip the diag pin on the Z and extruder drivers. When I run an M122 command its showing home sensitivity is set to 8 while I have it at 25 in the firmware which is why I dont think its transferring over correctly. Any help is much appreciated!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    don't you have to update marlin through IDE - over a usb cable ?

even if marlin v2 says otherwise, it's what I'd be inclined to do.

Also did you change the screen as well as the board ?
    Not all screens work with all boards and some require you to download extra files to IDE before the new firmware will recognise them.

There are reasons I only ever go near firmware as a last result :-O
    It's a very slippery slope with both extra grease and frictionless bearings !

This was done through visual studio code, and the sd card method is how its supposed to be done, I havent changed the screen but I have a BTT TFT 35 screen coming soon hopefully that works.