Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This requires a lot of power from your computer, read the hardware requirements.

My rig should be sufficient:
    Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Intel i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
    11GB RAM + 4GB dedicated video
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX260

I did also try it with my laptop which was noticeably slower but otherwise had similar results.

maybe try to improve your scanning technique.
    this video shows how you should move around your object. try different speeds maybe.

Thanks Sandra, I know for me it was my technique I would get the "too close" then the "too far" and start moving it jerky and loose the scan. I got better after a few tries but my son was much steadier than I was from the start. I will be down his place in a couple of weeks and will play with it some more. I am hoping to print some of the scans we did this weekend and see how they come out.

The scanner is fine, the scans we did look pretty good for our first try. Like any new technology, you just have to learn what it wants.

We finally got around to printing the scans from last Friday. Holiday commitments and a new baby are cutting into our print schedules

dad1.jpgdad2.jpg

Technician
    That looks pretty good.

Well my scans arent getting any better, but I found how to open them with Zbrush and fix them up a little.
    I'm not very proficient with it but its definitely an improvement!
    Here's my best one of my daughter so far:
    Tina 4.JPGTina 5.JPGTina 6.JPG

I think those look pretty good?

I should have saved a before Zbrush image to show the raw scan, but I basically had to make her nose and do touchups on the top of her head and here and there... but its a usable stl now, hooray!
    I'm still trying to find a way to shell out my models now. I can't do squat with STLs in SolidWorks, and NetFab only has shell in the paid pro version, so I'm trying to figure out how to do it with Zbrush.

My printer just arrived so here is the first successful print of a scan so far:
    PIC_0554.jpgPIC_0557.jpgPIC_0559.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast