Close

What Material To Use For Printing Slightly Bendable Plastic

Hello All,I am recreating the below pictured part and I am trying to determine what material should be used to print this part. The end cap is plastic that was treated to make it shine where as the body is plastic, and those 3 rings / fins you see on the body will bend when pushing the part inside of a metal tube. Also looking for a service / company to do the printing and then ship the part. Thanks!

Staff Engineer
    A search on the 'net for "tubing end plug" presents a number of resources to purchase the exact item you seek, although you've not provided any dimensions. The part is very likely manufactured by injection molding. Using 3D printing to create such a part would be substantially slower and create a much less durable and a much weaker part than something you can purchase "off-the-shelf" from multiple resources. My search presents prices from US$0.25 to $0.65 depending on size and quantity.

3D printing is not the best answer for your item.
    Last edited by fred_dot_u; 05-17-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    A search on the 'net for "tubing end plug" presents a number of resources to purchase the exact item you seek, although you've not provided any dimensions. The part is very likely manufactured by injecting molding. Using 3D printing to create such a part would be substantially slower and create a much less durable and a much weaker part than something you can purchase "off-the-shelf" from multiple resources. My search presents prices from US$0.25 to $0.65 depending on size and quantity.3D printing is not the best answer for your item.
    Looks like these should do the trick. Thanks for the tip.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1