Close

3D Printing issue - using a Creality Ender 5 Plus?

Hi I am new to 3D printing and got myself a Creality Ender 5 Plus due to its volume size, and good reviews. Speed Test SolitaireCurrently I still have not been able to print my first model due to the distance between the nozzle and the print bed, and have some questions which if I can find the answers I hope to get my printer going:Current problem seems to be that the print bed leveling:So my questions are:1)How far away should the print nozzle be from the bed for PLA?2)The BL touch when doing a auto bed leveling always levels the bed with a 2 mm gap from the nozzle, is there any way to fix that?Any other suggestions to help a beginner get started.
    Last edited by CarsonGrey; 05-14-2020 at 12:34 AM.

you want to use a piece of printer paper when leveling your bed. You want it to scrape the paper, but not grip it. After you make sure everything is properly leveled, you will find in your menus "z-offset". This is what you need to set to tell the printer how far to move toward the bed after probing.

On my Creality Ender 5 Plus, when printing my Adjustment is at -3.26 for the Z axls (note I dont have a stock nozzle on my unit any more). I run the leveling on the printer then Adjust the Z axlis as everyone else suggests. I use a folded peice of paper and slide it between the nozzle and the bed, if its starting grab the paper just a little bit. Then thats it.

Took several trys to get it going but mine has done some great models now.
    Last edited by loadedphp; 05-21-2020 at 06:53 AM.

You guys do realize if you print a small 2 walled square that is 3mm tall, them measure it you can then readjust the z offset in what ever direction and amount that the modle height is off and reprint.. the idea is if the thing is 3mm talll that is how tall it should be when printed.. Do this after the paper and with any change in layer height. Adhesion issues well go away and your first layer will be perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by airscapes; 05-20-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    You guys do realize if you print a small 2 walled square that is 3mm tall, them measure it you can then readjust the z offset in what ever direction and amount that the modle height is off and reprint.. the idea is if the thing is 3mm talll that is how tall it should be when printed.. Do this after the paper and with any change in layer height. Adhesion issues well go away and your first layer will be perfect.
    I find this intriguing.. There is so much to learn to get the best out of these things.. although mine is a Ender 5 not Plus