Close

Newbe here, how do I fix this - X1 Sidwinder trouble

OK, so I am brand new to 3d Printing. Made the mistake of ordering through banggood, so it took about 2 months to get my Artillery Sidewinder X1. LolL

Got it only last weekend.... already screwed something up... and bad...

So, after my first or maybe second print, i selected the option to change the filament to remove and re-insert the strand.As the strand backed out, it came with a short rubber hose-like section. I reinserted the hose back into the extruder assembly from the top, but was never sure I put it back where it was supposed to go.Here is a pic, sorry its blurry, but I'm pointing to the rubber hose like thing where it sticks out the top of the print extruder assembly. Not sure if I put it back in wrong or not... it wouldn't go any further down.

ZGPwYgV.jpg

So anyways, I kept printing. did several larger prints (5+ hours) and several small prints (under 1 hr) and all was working just fine.Set a 2 hr print to run, went to bed, and woke up to this:

YIEZKOE.jpg

R8y2UYB.jpg

That plastic is on there hard! obviously... I dunno what to do. I'm scared I'll break the parts try to get it off.Should I try and dissasembly and remove the parts one by one? should I just try and break/cut off the parts? should I remove the extruder assembly and see if I can send it in for warranty replacement?

I was really getting into it and have several more things designed that I want to print/test out.... now I'm stuck....Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by captainbarred; 05-10-2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: adding printer type to post title

It looks like I can file a claim with Evnovo directly, (god knows how long that would take) or I can file for a return or replacement through banggood.

If I return through banggood though I am scared of what the shipping will cost me (or if they cover it...)....

Halfj of me wants to go thr warranty route and have them just replace the extruder assembly, another part of me says to send it back and then buy it through another vendor....

Super Moderator
    All I can say is "good luck trying to claim from Banggood".
    Like me you'll just be another sucker they have taken money from with no intention of honouring their return or refund guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    All I can say is "good luck trying to claim from Banggood".
    Like me you'll just be another sucker they have taken money from with no intention of honouring their return or refund guarantee.
    Well, I usewd a soldering gun to melt away most of the filament and got the parts off. had to order a few replacements.

Should be back up and running shortly.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    normally you can heat the nozzle up and scrape the plastic off when it softens.

Most extruders have a ptfe tube that lines the hotend, sounds like yours came out and possibly din not go back in properly.

Not sure whether that's just a standard (yes, this is fairly common) - print detached from bed ball of melted plastic - or something to do with the tube being moved.

Given that you have printed after the tube was poked back in - I'd say it's a 'normal' result from the print detaching from the printbed fairly early on in the print.
    I don't think I've had one quite as bad as that - but certainly pretty close :-)

It's definitely NOT covered under any warranty I know of.
    At some point most of us have been there :-)

Heat nozzle and peel/scrape usually fixes it.

Thanks for the response.

Now that I have had it all apart I understand it better. But I did find there are not 1 but two liners in my system, so I'm not sure if they broke in half or if this printer just comes with 2.

I actually ddi try heating the print head and the system gave an error. I'm hoping there is not a deeper issue than the few small parts.

Parts are supposed to arrive tail end of the week, so I'll have it back together probably sat night or sunday and be able to test again then.

Trying to decide between magigoo or a flexpex bed like the wham bam...I know there are multiple options for good bed adhesion, It doesn't look like there is a universally accepted best option....