Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    no you have a benchy - throw it away, never ever ever print another and we'll say no more about it ;-)

For test prints always make something useful you actually want - I tend towards trolley release keys. small, use very little plastic and you can see what's happening with ANY print really.

As far as the abs goes - Nah, the shrinkage, smell and having to heat the print bed to 85 (not 110) is a pain.
    I could easily enclose my knp - it's a replicator pro without the door and lid after all.

But at the end of the day, abs is just too slow, too smelly, too shrinky and not as good as pla for 99.9999% of the things I make or am ever likely to make.
    If I need something different to pla, then there's always pet-g and nylon 645.

At the moment I'm making miniature solitaire sets using steel bbs instead of marbles.
    As these are way too small for fingers too move I'm currently (as I type) making a 'stick with teeny tiny 2mm diameter magnet for actually picking up and moving the balls. Adjusting it so that you can easily both pick up and drop the ball bearings is apaintstaking process.
    Makes one - manage to wrestle a 2mm magnet into the slot. test, adjust magnet chamber up or down by 0.1mm and try again :-)

I mean they have less than a gram of pla in them and take about 5 minutes to print.
    But that's simply stuff you can't do with abs - or would want to.
    Of course it would be easier If I'd actually measured and realised that these are 2mm x 1mm and NOT 2mmx2mm.
    Back to openscad, I need a much smaller slot :-)
    These are the magnets in question - fiddly isn't in it !

The abs is basically free to a good home. But in the last 5 years I have singularly failed to even give it away.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-06-2020 at 03:51 PM.

that's it I give up for tonight !

not wroth the shipping across the pond or I would take it :-)

lol oh hell no.
    A 6oz plastic mould just cost me £7 to ship to the states.
    8 or 9 kg of abs doesn't bear thinking about !

Thank you. Because I'm a beginner and I have exactly the same problem. At first, I was sure I assembled it wrong, but then I found the instructions on YouTube. Then I thought maybe it was the printer itself. Because I ordered it from China. I had a lot of trouble getting it, so I didn't follow the delivery method. Then the seller did not send it for a long time and the package was missing for a month, but I was lucky the printer arrived. When ordering plastic I decided not to make the same mistake and used china post. Thank you for your advice, it was a great help.
    Last edited by johnwilly123; 05-20-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12